With my love of books I thought this would be an excellent tradition to start with our new little family this holiday season. The original pin is from Sew Sara via Pinterest.
I bought my fabric early this fall, like as soon as the fabric store had put out any Christmas material and there it sat until November 30th. Have I ever mentioned how much I hate sewing with a machine! Hand sew any day of the week but my sewing machine intimidates the crap out if me. So I procrastinated and waited for the last possible day to start sewing.
I quickly realized I was going to run out of Christmas fabric so that got me frustrated, I ran out of bobbin and it took me way too long how to remember to wind one. Yes, that sentence fills me with shame. Then I ruined a bag and threw it across the kitchen floor, where it laid for days because I was too angry to pick it up. So after my frantic day of sewing, I had 18 ugly, crooked seamed, hideous Christmas book bags tied with too short ribbon.
- Elmo's 12 Days of Christmas
- Clifford's Christmas
- Room for a Little One
- Madeline's Christmas
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (golden book)
- Merry Christmas Amelia Bedelia
- Jingle Bells (golden book)
- The Pokey Little Puppy's First Christmas (golden book)
- The Nutcracker (golden book)
- The Cat That Climbed the Christmas Tree (golden book)
- Donald Duck's Christmas Tree (golden book)
- Winnie the Pooh and Stories for Christmas
- Peat Moss & Ivy Meet Santa Claus
- Merry Christmas Mom & Dad (Little Critter)
- Arthur's Christmas
- Christmas Cats
- The Night Before Christmas
- A Cobtown Christmas
- Bear's Christmas Star
- The Teddy Bears' Christmas
- A Charlie Brown Christmas
- Elmo Saves Christmas
- Christmas in the Big Woods ( Little House Book)
- The Very Snowy Christmas
....Nothing is perfect!